COVID 19 Vaccine – Coming Soon
We are pleased to advise that Era Health has received notification from the Federal Government that we have been approved to participate in the Australian Covid – 19 vaccination rollout program. Covid 19 Vaccine – Coming Soon – Era Health for all our patients.
This means that you will be able to receive your initial and second vaccination within our clinic.
The vaccination available is that provided by AstraZeneca. This vaccination requires two doses administered 12 weeks apart.
Priority Population Groups for COVID-19 vaccination program
Under Phase 1B of the COVID-19 vaccination program, priority population groups include:
- people 70 years of age or older;
- other health care workers;
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people 55 years or older;
- people with an underlying medical condition , including people with a disability; and
- critical and high risk workers.
It is a further requirement that an eligible patient be a person aged 18 years or older who is eligible for Medicare.
Please note: People who are not eligible for Medicare may still receive a free COVID-19 vaccination service. They are advised to consult the Victorian Health Department for more information.
Eligibility for the free COVID-19 vaccines is as follows:
- all Medicare-eligible Australians; and
- all visa-holders, excluding visa sub-classes 771 (Transit), 600 (Tourist Stream), 651 (eVisitor) and 601 (Electronic Travel Authority).
Covid 19 Vaccine – Coming Soon – Era Health
Please continue to visit our website for regular updates. We will also send SMS messages to our patients as the vaccine becomes available for their specific group. This will be followed by an email that provides more information and consent forms.