Comprehensive Dental Examination
A comprehensive dental examination is the ideal dental health strategy for you and your family. Having regular dental check-ups has long been identified as one of the most effective ways for you to ensure your teeth and gums remain healthy and functional. In conjunction with good oral hygiene, regular dental examinations help you keep your teeth for life.
With the proper care and attention, you can enjoy the general health benefits of healthy teeth and gums. In fact, your teeth are easier to keep in optimum health than most other parts of your body. With regular check-ups, a good dental care routine and attention to a nutritionally balanced diet, you can look forward to many years of good dental health.
At Era Health Dental Clinic, we recommend six-monthly check-ups with a comprehensive dental examination once a year. Maintaining a regular regime of dental visits allows our professional dentists to identify problems early; these can then be treated more easily and often at less expense to you. You can enjoy the benefits of a thorough dental clean twice a year, helping to keep your teeth plaque-free and giving you a bright and shiny smile.
A comprehensive dental examination can be conducted at our clinic in Melbourne’s CBD and consists of the following:
• A full medical and dental history will be taken, including any medications you are currently taking. This is the time to mention any issues that might be of concern for you or the dentist, such as pregnancy.
• A visual examination of the teeth and gums will identify obvious problems.
• X-rays of your teeth are taken to check for cavities and identify any problems that are not visible to the naked eye.
• A thorough examination of the surface of each tooth, including probing between the teeth to identify any hidden issues.
• A professional cleaning of your teeth.
• A full report of the findings and the condition and health of your teeth and gums will be discussed with you by your dentist. The problems that need immediate attention will be identified as well as any preventative
treatments and long-term issues.
• Advice on the most effective and applicable oral health care routine.
Your teeth are definitely one of your most valuable personal assets. The health and condition of your teeth affect your appearance, especially when it comes to first impressions.
At Era Health Dental, we strongly believe that the best option is to keep your own teeth for life. Our comprehensive dental examinations help you achieve this goal by identifying dental problems early and putting effective preventative measure in place.
The Era Health Dental Clinic is conveniently located at 563 Bourke Street, Melbourne, right in the CBD. Take that important first step to healthy teeth and make an appointment today.